Monday, January 19, 2009

Onigiri!

OK, so lets admit this first...I was a total anime fan girl when I was younger! Movies like KiKi's Delivery Service are still great comfort films for me, but for the most part, I'm out of the scene. 

Since I've moved out to California , I've been cooking just for myself (Max should be here soon!) And I've been trying to find tasty, yet healthy meals that are inexpensive, and quick to throw together. This lead me to start cooking Asian dishes, and THAT lead me to thinking about Onigiri. I had almost everything I needed to make them, so why not? Here are the results of my little cooking experiment.





Yum! Avocado!

I'm pretty happy with how they came out, and they do make an awesome snack! The recommended amount of salt was a little much for me, but that's an easy fix for next time! 

Want to make your own Onigiri? Check out this blog!

2 comments:

Katie Rempe said...

They look so yummy!! And holy crap we used to have that china before we moved to FL!! LOL!

Jessica said...

Thanks! they are super tasty, and they did end up re heating well in the microwave after I froze them. Score!

Ha! How funny, most of the china here is pretty old. I don't think any two plates , or bowls are the same.