Monday, October 6, 2008

Garden time!

I love gardening, and I lucked out this summer because we live somwhere that I can have one! I do a mix of planting from seed, and buying my plants.  I've always found planting relaxing, and a general place of zen for me. Its been a wonderfull escape for me, because its been a pretty stressfull summer.


The main bench where most of my flowers sit. In the middle, I have a little herb box, with sweet basil, oregano, and some thyme.


Here is my last seed starter of the season, some Scarlet Sage! Hopefully it will have time to grow and strenghten up before the cool weather comes in =)

And last but not least, my compost bin! I've got a ton of happy worms living in it, and I use all of the great dirt they make to start seeds, and re pot my plants.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Nanny and I used to garden all the time. She'd grow cherry tomatoes and all sorts of pretty flowers. She had this bleeding heart flower bush once, and it was beautiful. I'd like to garden, but don't have a yard. Maybe once I move to Philly, I'll plant some flower boxes for the windowsills. Thanks for sharing!